Wednesday, September 12, 2007

A Different Sort of Remembrance

I've noticed that most of my friends around the blogosphere have been careful to mark, in one way or another, this sixth anniversary of the event that changed our lives more than any other thus far this century.

So, I offer this (originally posted as a comment over at Chap's place):

In terms of tributes and remembrances, I want to point out one that many people may not think of that way. It's a movie. I think it's an underappreciated movie. In fact, as I said in my own post back in June, it was then, and is still, the best movie I've seen this year. The movie is Reign Over Me. and here is what I had to say about it:

Want to know what you shouldn't miss? Reign Over Me. So far, for 2007, the best movie I've seen, and I saw most of the Academy Award Winners. First, Adam Sandler can act. If you didn't know that after Spanglish, you weren't paying attention. Second, there is not an emotion that Reign Over Me leaves untapped: anger, love, humor, happiness, passion, friendship, grief, and every other corner of your heart that I've not named. If there is a don't miss movie for this year, this is it. Critics gave it a C+. They gave Spiderman a B; same grade they gave Talladega Nights. See a pattern yet?

The DVD is scheduled for release on 10/9/07. If you missed it at the theaters, you owe it to yourself to see it soon thereafter. But be prepared for every emotion you felt six years ago to be as fresh as the day it was new.