Then maybe I can make it work here.
If you remember Monday's post, and if you're keeping track, then you know I'm only on line 5 of a 13 line itinerary. And travel plans keep shifting. No rental cars available at Charleston Thursday (I failed to account for spring break), so I drove, yet again, from Atlanta in order to teach my classes Friday (in just a few hours actually)--after which, I'll drive back to Atlanta, so that I can fly to Colorado on Saturday. I'll need a break to recover from spring break.
A number of new readers have joined lately, so I thought I'd suggest a few older posts worth returning to, especially if you're still working on figuring out just what this "Doc" guy is really all about. One of these days, I'll put together a "Greatest Hits" list (read: my favorites, whether they were hits or not). Meanwhile, here are a few I'm not ashamed of.
- See Off This Mountain: Long enough that it's in three parts, but rumored to be worth it.
- In Memory of Randall Combs: Because I miss him every day.
- "The Friend of Your Youth" Revisited: A serious contemplation of whether Robert Penn Warren got it right or not, coming down, finally, on the side of "not quite."
- Perspective: Time and Space: A meditation on the uselessness of anticipated regret and an urging not to let it rob us of a present joy.
- Getting to Know Me: An earlier list, much like this one, in case you have a lot of time on your hands
How many more do I need for the book deal? ;-)